Whetstone High Performance
12-Week Accountability Group
How far can you scale your business?
You’ve come a long way. You might have built your business from the ground up, or you’ve achieved some incredible things in your career. You want to continue your trajectory, but this isn’t always easy.
Whetstone High Performance helps you accelerate your business with an accountability group. You’ll be able to get on-demand feedback, progress checks, and coaching during weekly virtual meetings!
We have a program just for you.
Whetstone High Performance is for business executives and leaders.
Invest in yourself!
Here's what you can expect.
- You’ll be part of a small group of 5 business leaders.
- You’ll meet for 60 minutes weekly for 12 weeks.
- You’ll communicate face-to-face with your group via Zoom.
- You’ll be led by a certified Whetstone facilitator.
- You’ll participate in sounding board (“hot seat”) sessions .
- You’ll get to share regular progress updates on your business.
- You’ll get accountability checks to help you stay on track.
- You’ll get to plan your quarterly and weekly goals with collaboration from your group and facilitator.
- You’ll get on-demand feedback and real-time support with your business challenges.
- You’ll grow as a leader as you help others.
- You’ll connect with your group through a virtual meeting room.
- You’ll have the opportunity to connect with members of other accountability groups (using our exclusive Whetstone Facebook Group).
- You’ll have access to a custom info portal, including an accountability tracker, resource library, and calendar.
- You’ll be able to attend optional deep dive training sessions led by subject matter experts.
Why join Whetstone?
You’ll quickly come to trust your cohort as your personal board of advisors — a group you can rely on for insight and support.
Here are more details on what you can expect if you’re admitted to a Whetstone group.
Small Group Size
A small group size of 5 people keeps each member engaged. See how much faster you can solve problems and grow your business with 5 brains instead of just one.
Meetings once a week give you just the right amount of communication with your group. You’ll stay connected, but not waste any time with excessive meetings.
Group members come to all meetings via webcam. This helps you establish trust, build relationships, and share candid feedback. We’ve even seen relationships built in your Whetstone groups extend beyond the group when members decided to work together or promote each other’s products.
Let’s face it: Groups without a facilitator fall apart. Whetstone is a program available for people who know they need a facilitator to curate the group, lead discussions, and make sure everyone is getting what they need.
Sounding Board Sessions
Sounding board sessions give you the opportunity to ask your group members for help on any topic you choose. You can get help brainstorming, solving a problem, or taking advantage of an opportunity. You’ll always have input and support whenever you need to make a major decision.
Compass Call Updates
We start most meetings with a "Compass Call." Each member will take 2-3 minutes to share their progress. During this time, you'll define a positive development in your business, a new opportunity, a challenge you're working on, and a distraction you're facing. These updates help you to reflect, celebrate successes, and get valuable input.
You’re far more likely to get your work done on time when you know you’ll be reporting your weekly progress to a group of people you respect. It’s also fun to check and celebrate when your peers finish what they said they would do!
Plan your next quarter alongside other group members. Design a plan that works for you with collaborative input from your group and guidance from your group facilitator. Each year, work through a high-level strategy session for your career or business, which we’ll then break down into quarterly milestones and weekly goals.
Once a year, join your cohort and our other Whetstone groups in person for a spectacularly fun and inspiring 3-day retreat.
• Bond with your accountability group
• Network with members of other groups
• Learn from our guest speakers
• Enjoy catered meals, excellent wine, craft beer, and our beautiful retreat location
To facilitate planning, we offer you the option of paying an extra $200 per quarter to cover your ticket to the retreat. Your ticket includes the venue, food, drinks, and guest speakers, while you’ll be responsible for your own airfare and accommodations.
Bounce ideas off professional peers and get impartial and varied advice on every part of your business. Avoid misdirection from gurus by exchanging real knowledge with your peers.
Fact: It’s more fun to solve other people’s problems than your own. You’ll grow as a leader as you face business challenges together and provide support and encouragement to your group members.
Virtual Meeting Rooms
You don’t need to sacrifice business accountability and strong relationships just to have location independence and convenient meeting opportunities. We use Zoom video technology to connect all members for meetings. It allows us to focus on matching group members based on their needs and strengths rather than where they happen to live. It also reduces the time you would spend commuting to a physical meeting place, in many cases improving the ROI of your time by nearly 50%.
Connection with Outside Groups
Proximity is power. What is the value of finding your next partner, client, or new hire? As a member of a Whetstone group, you’re invited to join our private Whetstone Facebook group. This exclusive community includes members from all of our Whetstone High Performance cohorts. As a member, you can post questions, share what’s going on in your business, ask for advice, and get feedback on your company’s products or services. The private Whetstone group gives you access to high-achieving individuals with a variety of experiences.
Deep Dive Training Sessions
Each quarter a subject matter expert will lead an in-depth workshop on a new business topic. As you learn each subject, you can ask questions and get help applying the principles to your business. Example subjects include customer journey tracking, search engine optimization, management systems, key performance indicators, and more. Because of the high level of interactivity, the workshops are designed to advance your knowledge regardless of your past experience.
Questions and Answers
A cohort is a group of 5 members who meet regularly to help each other accomplish similar goals. This group size gives you a rich and diverse community, as well as close connection with your cohort members.
Whetstone allows you to share your business experiences and challenges, brainstorm with a capable and diverse group, be held accountable, and practice leadership as you help others. Many of today’s most successful leaders state that they would not be where they are today without the accountability groups that they participated in.
We will offer a full refund in the first 30 days if you find that you’re not getting what you needed from the Whetstone experience.
Your information is protected by confidentiality agreements that all members and facilitators are required to sign.
Yes. We require all members to turn on their webcams from a well-lit room during all sessions. You can use a phone, tablet or computer to join meetings. We require this for two reasons. Firstly, non-verbal communication can be as powerful as spoken words, if not more so, and we want all members to enjoy the best communication possible. Secondly, interacting face-to-face establishes trust, builds relationships, and is more effective when addressing challenging issues. If you’re not already a fan of video communication, we promise it will be second nature after you experience a couple of sessions.
If we decide to schedule a phone interview with you, we’ll get your schedule during or after the interview. Generally we’ll only invite you to a group that fits with your schedule. Occasionally we’ll see a particularly good group opportunity that is outside of your preferred hours. If this happens, we’ll contact you in case you would like to adjust your schedule in order to join the group.
Three key factors set Whetstone apart.
- Closeness: Whetstone groups are limited to 5 members. In our experience, when a group has more than 7 members, you lose the connectedness that is vital for each member to be committed to each other’s success.
- Consistency: Whetstone members meet face-to-face for 60 minutes every week. Many other groups meet only once a month, or they meet over a call-in session without the benefit of video. Consistent communication is key for your cohort to stay engaged.
- Curation: Whetstone utilizes Deliberate Directions’s considerable experience connecting people to create inspiring and productive teams. Many other groups are either not selective at all (anyone who pays can join), or too selective to the point where you can only join in you fit a very specific profile (based on your career, gender, age, or location). The right team is magical, and we will only launch a group when we’re confident we have the right members for it to take off.
If you’re not thrilled with your Whetstone experience, you can request a refund for any reason within the first 30 days.
Here are 10 reasons why Whetstone is a catalyst for extraordinary growth.
1. Move Swiftly Past Roadblocks
Get advice so you can decisively navigate any business question or challenge.
2. Increase Trusted Connections
Network with people throughout our entire family of Whetstone groups.
3. Stay Accountable
Make commitments and have your group members hold you accountable.
4. Get Support
Share your success and struggles and learn from others who have similar goals and diverse experiences.
5. Get Feedback
Bounce ideas in your group and get impartial and varied advice on every part of your business.
6. Develop As a Leader
Discover your own wisdom and expertise as you advise and teach others.
7. Establish Lifelong Friendships
Build relationships, not just connections.
8. Learn from Experts
Acquire new knowledge from our complimentary training sessions.
9. Gain Momentum
Draw from your group’s collective energy to keep you fired up throughout your workweek.
10. Grow Your Business
Take your business to the next level with structured planning, monitoring, and follow-through.
Whetstone is a game-changing opportunity.
Whetstone Success Stories
Learn how others are winning and how you can too!
Whetstone Online is priced affordably for the business growth it will help you generate.
Whetstone costs $1,699 per quarter.
We’re offering discounts to make the program affordable to more qualified business owners and executives.
We are excited to offer this program at an approachable price-point.
Current Whetstone members have told us that their investment is small compared to the personal and financial rewards they receive from the program.
Whetstone is a contract-free program with a money-back guarantee.
If you decide you’re not getting what you expected, you can get a full refund for the current quarter and any future quarters that you have prepaid.